Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Thoughts from a Tuesday



It's a pretty lame Tuesday over here. Let me give you a run down of what I've learned today:

- Southland Tales, the follow-up to Donnie Darko, sounds just as full of promise and disappointment as Darko itself. I found the earlier film to be not quite as smart as it was pretending to be, but frustratingly close to being something really special.

- I will never stop loving Gary Numan. I have a funny story about drinking too much and Gary Numan. But I'll save that for another time.

- Michael Chabon did a treatment for the first X-men movie that didn't feature any super villains. It was all character development within the x-team. I think that idea is just as smart as it is pretending to be.

- There is a damn fancy bus service that goes between D.C. and NYC.

- David Cronenberg was interviewed by the Guardian recently. He's so dreamy.

And that's it. The summation of Tuesday.

Rick's out there somewhere. Drawing and looking great doing it.